So you’ve taken a childbirth class, an infant CPR class, a car seat class and the list goes on…. Do you need to take a Breastfeeding Class? We at The MILC Group would say a resounding YES! Of course that’s because we know that we teach such a fun and informative class. Here are five MILC reasons to attend a breastfeeding class:
1. Possibly for the first time in your life you get to listen to people (in our case three IBCLCs) speak about boobs and explain their true purpose. We explain how they work and how your baby will make them work even better and more efficiently.
2. You will gain a new set of vocabulary. Among these new words….colostrum, Montgomery glands, oxytocin, and so many more. Knowledge serves to build confidence and makes you comfortable in your new role as a breastfeeding parent.
3. Find out how unsupportive family and friends can sabotage your breastfeeding goals and learn ways to win them over or good ways of telling them to mind their own business.
4. During a good breastfeeding class you will learn about your local resources. Who are the local boob gurus (in San Antonio that would of course be us)? Who can you turn to when you need some help? Having a list of resources at your fingertips can be a huge relief when you are in need.
5. Learn some Nip Tips and Tricks to help get breastfeeding off to a good start. You will find that getting breastfeeding off to the best start possible can make a world of difference.
Ginger, Laura and Tina wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who came out to support us at our MILC n' Cookies Party celebrating our Grand Opening! We had so much fun and we think everyone else did too.
A huge thank you to Liz and Priscilla along with all of the Go Baby Go staff for helping to set up the space and for working while they were also having a bit of fun. We can't say enough good things about all of these ladies and how much we enjoy working along side them every day.
We would again like to thank Nicole Maldonado of Nicki's Custom Cakes for the amazing boob cookies! We heard rave reviews and we held a few back to eat quietly on Monday morning. They were so delicious!!
Thank you to the local businesses who provided door prizes for the event as a special treat to all the families attending.
We would also like to thank our amazing photographer Katrina Patterson who will be getting her website up soon so that we can promote her business. We are loving seeing all the photos of our clients and friends. We hope you enjoy the photos too!
Keep spreading the word about The MILC Group and our new office location!
~Tina & Ginger