1. Possibly for the first time in your life you get to listen to people (in our case three IBCLCs) speak about boobs and explain their true purpose. We explain how they work and how your baby will make them work even better and more efficiently.
2. You will gain a new set of vocabulary. Among these new words….colostrum, Montgomery glands, oxytocin, and so many more. Knowledge serves to build confidence and makes you comfortable in your new role as a breastfeeding parent.
3. Find out how unsupportive family and friends can sabotage your breastfeeding goals and learn ways to win them over or good ways of telling them to mind their own business.
4. During a good breastfeeding class you will learn about your local resources. Who are the local boob gurus (in San Antonio that would of course be us)? Who can you turn to when you need some help? Having a list of resources at your fingertips can be a huge relief when you are in need.
5. Learn some Nip Tips and Tricks to help get breastfeeding off to a good start. You will find that getting breastfeeding off to the best start possible can make a world of difference.