- Weight Check Wednesday is a "drop in" event meaning we do not require appointments.
- Since WCW is a "drop-in" event you will not have privacy while chatting with us.
- Some days we will see one breastfeeding family and others we may see five. We do our very best to give individual attention and to move people in and out in an organized manner.
- We ask that families fill in a very short form for us to be able to keep a track of who attends and also to track the baby's weight gains each week.
- Babies will be weighed before feeding and after feeding in order to get an idea of intake during that feeding.
- The Lactation Consultants of The MILC Group will sit and observe the baby nursing in order to assess external latch and to listen for any indicators that there may be a latch issue.
- The IBCLCs will answer any basic breastfeeding questions that families have during the Weight Check.
- Recommendations will be given if a full lactation consult seems to be needed.
- The baby's weight will be recorded for future reference and will be written down for you to take with you.
Weight Check Wednesday is an excellent way to get accurate information from an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant for a minimal fee and in a short amount of time! It does not substitute for a consult.
The fee for Weight Check Wednesdays with The MILC Group is just $20. Come in and see us this Wednesday!
The MILC Group offices are located inside of Go Baby Go, 6104 Broadway, #C-4, San Antonio, TX 78209. Contact us online at www.TheMILCGroup.com or by phone at 210-960-MILC/210-960-6452.