- Breastfeeding isn't just about food. It is about love and closeness and more!
- If you have breastfeeding questions, don't wait to ask for help. Have a list of local resources on hand before you deliver your baby.
- A good latch is a good thing. Wide open relaxed mouth...lips flanged out...chin deeper into the breast than the nose. These are a few quick nip tips.
- Don't forget that the best way to build your milk supply is to breastfeed your baby frequently.
- Breastmilk has a mild laxative effect that helps to prevent constipation.
- A supportive bra is one of the most important breastfeeding tools you can buy. Invest in a good one!
- Breasts come in all shapes and sizes. Yours are perfect for your baby.
- Remember, when baby is being fussy they are not trying to manipulate they are trying to communicate.
- Finding a group of breastfeeding friends can be great for you and baby.
- Make sure to take some time for yourself. A few quiet moments with a lovely cup of something warm can help to relax and rejuvenate you.
- Nursing in a carrier can make things easier for babies on the go.
If you need breastfeeding support you can contact The MILC Group here: