Come out and join The MILC Ladies this Sunday, September 28th as we co-host a little (or maybe big) get together to celebrate our new office opening inside of Go Baby Go!
These oh so fantastic "boob" cookies were created for us by our good friend Nicole Maldonado of Nicki's Custom Cakes! Her work is divine.
We hope that you will be able to join us this Sunday, September 28th from 2 to 5pm. Go Baby Go is located at 6104 Broadway St., Suite C-4, San Antonio, Texas 78209. Call us at 844-GOT-MILC if you have any questions.
We have all seen or heard lots of great reasons to breastfeed our children. The MILC Group wanted to provide five more reasons that are a little less "traditional." These are brought to you by Tina whose son just started college in Olympia, Washington.
We are sure you didn't need more reasons to breastfeed but we wanted to let you know that all the effort you mamas are putting in today WILL pay off in the future!
Looking for Motherlove Lactation Supplements? Go Baby Go has lots of their herbal supplements in stock. The lactation shelfs are located just outside our door!
Motherlove products are made with certified organic herbs and ingredients.
San Antonio has a new Lactation Center and it's run by us!
Laura, Ginger and Tina aka The MILC Ladies have opened a new office located inside of Go Baby Go (a fabulous natural baby store in Alamo Heights). The physical address is:
6104 Broadway St., Suite C-4
San Antonio, TX 78209
Our current hours of operation for The MILC Group Lactation Center are:
Monday - Friday 9am-3pm
We will be seeing clients by appointment only at this time and will be adding drop in hours in the future. Of course if you are having an issue please don't hesitate to drop by to see if one of us can chat with you or give us a quick call at 844-GOT-MILC and arrange to come in.
Office visits will be $90.
We could not be more thrilled to be partnering with Go Baby Go in this venture. A few short weeks ago we put a call out to our fellow San Antonio Natural Community Members and we got several amazing offers of office spaces. Our decision to go with just one was difficult but it feels so natural to be working every day alongside our long time friends at Go Baby Go.
Starting childcare and going back to work may be an emotionally challenging time for parents and baby. Here are some tips that can help families and caregivers make this transition:
1. Parents might consider spending time at the childcare center before they return to work or school in order to let their baby get comfortable with their new surroundings.
2. Parents may also consider returning to work on a graduated schedule, or working shorter weeks at first.
3. Parents might leave something that smells like mother; for example, some parents may leave a T-shirt mom may have slept in.
4. Baby may cluster feed in the evening or wake more often to feed at night; during the first few weeks in childcare, it is normal for breastfed babies to choose to not feed during the day while in childcare.
5. Getting a daily update on baby’s activities to include diapers and feeding can make parents feel more connected with their child’s day.
6. Parents may find that wearing or holding their babies often in the evening helps reestablish the emotional connection.
7. Mothers may plan to breastfeed at the childcare facility when dropping off and picking up to ease the transition.
Yesterday marked the 3rd Anniversary of the Annual Improving Birth Rally held here in San Antonio, Texas. You can find more information about the Improving Birth Movement on their website located here http://www.improvingbirth.org/ .
Why do we feel that getting involved is important? We, The MILC Group, are supporters of Birth and Breastfeeding in all its various forms and we support all families in their journey as parents. We promote education and evidence based care. We strive to form partnerships with other care providers who do the same.
The Improving Birth Rally 2014 was another big success! We loved seeing so many birth workers attending alongside the mamas, papas and children.
Looking forward to next year!
~Tina & Ginger