- When you choose to breastfeed your child you will feel rest assured that you provided them with a hearty immune system as they embark on their college journey far away from home.
- A breastfed child (particularly one breastfed beyond a year) may be very independent since they had all their early attachment needs met. Thus you will know that you provided the roots for them to grow and the wings for them to fly....possibly thousands of miles from home.
- If your child chooses to attend a hippie liberal arts college (as Tina's has done) they will immediately have so much street cred. Being able to share that they were breastfed into toddlerhood holds a lot of weight with hippie kids. If your kid was also homebirthed, co-slept, etc. then they are in! Tina's son is able to say that his Mama is a La Leche League Leader, IBCLC and Birth Doula...he's Golden!
- Raising a child in a breastfeeding friendly environment can aid in developing a very kind, generous and loving human being. Being able to send one of those out into the world is a pretty good thing!
- Breastfeeding could possible aid in intelligence. For years we have heard that breastfed children score higher on IQ tests. Whether or not you choose to believe that tidbit we are here to say that we have seen this in our own children. Tina's son proudly received a National Hispanic Merit Scholar Award and was ranked 35th out of 500 kids in his class. He had his pick of colleges and was awarded multiple scholarships and awards helping him to attend the college of his choice.
We are sure you didn't need more reasons to breastfeed but we wanted to let you know that all the effort you mamas are putting in today WILL pay off in the future!